Student loans are one of the first difficulties of adulthood with which yesterday's teens have to face. It is too risky to owe a bunch of money and hope that after graduation you will be able to find a decent job and pay the loan. Moreover, law schools are one of the most expensive, number of those who want to enter there is overwhelming, but not everyone can become a lawyer.
Almost every applicant considers free law school as an unattainable dream. It is a widely held view that you have to be extremely gifted in order to receive a scholarship, but a typical student hardly can get the highest LSAT score and extensive experience in the legal field.
One more reason why applicants do not think over how to go to law school for free is the tendency to choose as much prestigious university as possible. We try not to miss a chance and overlook how much it costs. But are you ready to pay $50,000 or even $100,000 for being able to boast of your Stanford Diploma? This sum of money could be your annual salary. Students who do not rush to choose the university, decide on lower-rated institutions, which offer free tuition; after the graduation, they feel unencumbered and happy. It should be mentioned that if you do not possess the necessary skills, even Yale cannot help you to become a good lawyer who likes his business.
The following tips can be useful for everybody who is interested in going to a law school and getting a scholarship.
1. Apply to those schools where average scores for GPA and LSAT are lower than yours. Due to the fact that everyone tries to get to the top universities, you will have very few competitors; therefore, there is a chance that the educational institution will offer a scholarship to keep such a student.
2. The higher score, the higher probability to go to a good law school for free, so invest in preparation for the test. Successful passing could bring the profit which covers expenses for every hour with hundreds of dollars. Now there are a lot of preparation courses, study guides, and applications to improve your skills, so the success largely depends on your perseverance and willingness to pay for quality training.
3. Learn all the conditions of the scholarship. Sometimes it is provided not only to students who look promising in comparison with other applicants but to those who are ready to meet such requirements as, for example, work in the public sector after the graduation. It does not mean that you will have to do something you do not like. View all the demands, and perhaps, you will take it well.
4. All entrants want to have several options to choose; however, early decision scholarship programs exclude this. You have to sign a contract in which you are obligated to enter the school, and it will provide you with the scholarship. Check out information about such universities and do not waste time; hesitation can cost you a chance to study for free.
5. And the last tip, do not count too much on the scholarship. Even though you have all chances to get it, something can go wrong at any moment; there are a lot of students who want to study for free, and getting a scholarship should be taken as a good fortune, and not for granted. Do not give in to despair in case of failure, but do everything possible to achieve your goal. Anyway, LSAT preparation sharpens your mind, and well-developed logical and analytical thinking is always useful.
A prestigious diploma has not fewer disadvantages than advantages. Those who have graduated from top educational institutions do not feel free to choose another sphere of activity since they must justify the monetary expenditures, efforts, and expectations. It obliges to work exclusively in the specialized field and get a high-paying job; otherwise, it will be hard to pay the loan. In case of failure, you will suffer from lack of money and despondency. The labor market does not require as many professional lawyers as there are law students, so it is worth to think about what type legal activity you also like to have a backup plan or to facilitate the entry and study process.