Established in 1890 as a single-product brewery, San Miguel Corporation (San Miguel) is the Philippines’ largest beverage, food and packaging company. Today, the company has over 100 facilities in the Philippines, Southeast Asia, and China. One of the country’s premier business conglomerates, San Miguel’s extensive product portfolio includes over 400 products ranging from beer, hard liquor, juices, basic and processed meats, poultry, dairy products, condiments, coffee, flour, animal feeds and various packaging products.
For generations, the Company has generated strong consumer loyalty through brands that are among the most formidable in the Philippine food and beverage industry – San Miguel Pale Pilsen, Ginebra, Monterey, Magnolia, and Purefoods. Flagship product, San Miguel Beer, holds an over 95% share of the Philippine beer market. In addition to its leadership in the Philippine food and beverage industry, San Miguel has established a significant presence overseas.
The Company’s operations extend beyond its home base of the Philippines to China (including Hong Kong), Vietnam, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand and Australia. Through strategic partnerships it has forged with major international companies, San Miguel has gained access to managerial expertise, international practices and advanced technology, thereby enhancing its performance and establishing itself as a world-class company. In the Philippines, San Miguel’s corporate strategy is at aimed capitalizing on new growth markets through acquisitions and further enhancing its competitive position by improving synergies across existing operational lines.
II. IntroductionSan MiguelPale Pilsen
San Miguel Pale Pilsen has a slight hoppy note with a distinct bitter hop character. It has a well-balanced medium body and is smooth on the palate with a pleasant clean finish. One sip of San Miguel Pale Pilsen and you know why it has found a place in the hearts of the Filipino beer aficionado. It is a truly satisfying beer with a refined, well-balanced flavor.
This pale, golden lager has a hint of pleasant, hoppy aroma. It has medium body balanced smooth and moderate bitterness a snappy clean palate. From the original cerveza brewed in 1890, San Miguel has since produced a wide range of popular beverage products which are runaway market leaders in their respective product categories. Available in over 60 international export markets, flagship product San Miguel Beer is among the world’s largest selling beers, and a leading brand in the Philippines, Hong Kong and South China. Affiliated brands Anker Beer and Blue Star also hold dominant positions in their home markets.
San Miguel Brewery has been very successful in creating new brands and tastes to suit fast changing consumer preferences while maintaining traditional favourites. San Miguel Brewery achieves that by conducting consistent market research on consumer tastes, responding to customer feedback and promoting continuous innovation.
III. ObjectiveThe objectives of this promotion are:1. To increase popularity of the product amongst consumers,2. To generate profit increase during the promotion period,3. To create better awareness to customers about the product; and 4. To increase patronage of the product.
IV. Target MarketThe target markets for this promotion are:1. Ages ranging from 18 and above,2. Beer affecionados,3. Old time beer drinkers; and4. People who are very discriminating on their taste of beer. 5. San Miguel Beer fans
V. CoverageThe coverage of this promotion are:1. Known cities (e.g. mega manila, cebu city, davao city, etc.); and 2. Provinces (Batangas, Laguna, Marinduque, Boracay, etc. ) around the country:
VI. DurationThe promo will begin on April 1, 2013 up until May 31 2013.
VII. The OfferPremiumThe Promo will be called “San Miguel Summer Shirt Promo” For every 12 specially mark San Miguel Pale Pilsen bottle caps, they will receive a free limited edition San Miguel T-shirt, which come in 3 colors and designs.
1. Buy any size or variant of San Miguel Pale Pilsen Beer2. Look under the crown and see if written under it is “free SMB T-shirt” 3. collect 10 specially mark crown and go to the following redemption areas.1. 7 11 branches around the country2. Delivery Truck and local Sari-Sari Stores nationwide
4. Present the 10 specially mark crowns and you will receive the limited edition San Miguel T-shirt. 5. The more you collect the more T- shirt you can redeem.
This supported by the following mediums:
1. Television CommercialThis will be advertised by local San Miguel beer Celebrity Advertiser (e.g.Derick Ramsay, Michael V., Vic Sotto, etc.) and which will have summer theme and will be aired in major known local channels (e.g. ABS-CBN, GMA7, TV5, STUDIO23, etc.)
2. Radio CommercialIt will be dialog conversation of our local San Miguel beer Celebrity Advertiser (e.g. Derick Ramsay, Michael V., Vic Sotto, etc.) and the dialog includes the promo mechanics and this will be aired in major radio stations (e.g. Love Radio, Magic 89.9, Wow FM, Barangay LS, etc.)
3. PostersIt will be a poster which local San Miguel beer Celebrity Advertiser (e.g. Derick Ramsay, Michael V., Vic Sotto, etc.) will be posing while wearing the promo t-shirts and written under are the promo mechanics and duration of the promo. This will be distributed amongst redemption areas (e.g. 7 11 Branches, Local Sari-sari stores) and cities and provinces around the Country.
4. Online adsWeb page will contain local San Miguel beer Celebrity Advertiser (e.g. Derick Ramsay, Michael V., Vic Sotto, etc.) will be posing while wearing the promo t-shirts and written under are the promo mechanics and duration of the promo in websites such as Facebook, Twitter, Youtube and other websites.
X. Key Factor to SuccessThe key factor for the success of this promotion besides the popularity of the product is also the celebrity advertisers and also the products taste and quality. XI. Consumer Insight Filipino’s drink up to 3.9 billion bottles of beer every year, For over a century now, San Miguel Pale Pilsen has been nurturing Filipino friendships. It has been at the center of life’s most significant events and celebrations.
XII. BudgetEstimated budget will be 5.5 million pesos (Php 5,500,000)
1. Budget for Printed T-shirts is 2 million pesos (Php 2,000,000)
1 in every 8 bottles will have a specially mark crown
1 bottle = srp Php 25.00X_8Php 200.00 for every 8 bottlesX__3Php 600.00 for every case
1 T-shirt-P100 (partnership with Bench)Printing-P100P200.00 for every printed T-shirt
Php 600.00 – Php 200.00 = Php 400.00 sales
2 million pesos (Php 2,000,000.00)Php 200.00 (per printed t shirt)
2. Estimated Advertising budget is Php 3,500,000.00
1. Television advertising – Php 2,800,000.002. Radio advertising – Php 200,000.003. Posters – Php 320,000.004. Online advertising- Php 180,000.00Php 3,500,000.00