Working For Walmart performance evaluation, and workplace rewards that affect productivity and job satisfaction •Identify the position's current major components, tasks, or responsibilities. Does the job allow any self-management or sense of choice? Does the position cultivate a sense of intrinsic motivation?
• •Briefly discuss current company-wide rewards, such as bonus plans or profit-sharing, and one-to-one rewards, such as praise or recognition. Examine and evaluate if these rewards are effective in motivating behavior for this position. Question #2
• Identify how goals are used at your company with regard to the position. Consider what kinds of goals are set, how the goals are set, and if the goal system is effective for this position. Question #3
GROCERY Bakery, Deli, Meat, Produce and Dry Grocery FRONT END Cashiers, Customer Service Desk, Cart Pushers HEALTH AND WELLNESS Optometry and Pharmacy Technicians
MEMBERSHIP Marketing, Sales, Member Service, Fax n Pull SALES FLOOR Associates and Supervisors for all departments RECEIVING Unloading and Stocking
• Employees have different core skills, different values and individualized approaches to completing tasks. Giving employees the opportunity to choose assignments best matched with their personal preferences and areas of strength is an internal motivator. Employees feel their skills are being used in the most effective way and the ability to select projects of personal interest increases the chances the final project will be successful.
Question #1 Answer
• •Consumer-directed health plans, including Health Reimbursement Accounts (HRA) plans and a high deductible plan with a Health Savings Account (HSA). Highlights include: ◦100 percent coverage for eligible in-network preventive care • ◦$4 co-pay on eligible generic drugs at Walmart or Sam’s Club pharmacies • ◦Free access to nurse care managers and health care advisors •
• •HMO plans (available in certain areas) • •Vision plan • •Dental plan • •Resources For Living® – a free confidential counseling and health information service • •Company-paid life insurance • •Accidental death & dismemberment insurance (AD&D) • •Critical illness insurance • •Short- and long-term disability insurance • •Business Travel Accident Insurance • •Illness Protection (Sick Time) • •Matching contributions to your 401(k) up to 6% of your salary
• Associate Stock Purchase Plan with a company match • Associate Discount Card for Walmart and Home Office associates and Sam’s Club Home Office associates, spouses and dependents • •Sam’s Club associates receive a complimentary membership • •Exclusive discounts on everything from brand new cars and wireless services to travel when associates visit our online Associate Discount Center – more than 375 discounts available
• Helping associates reach their potential.” • Making Better Possible. • A Development Manager • Training and development isn’t a one-time event at Walmart and Sam’s Club. It’s an integral and ongoing part of an associate’s career. They’re committed to helping our associates reach their fullest potential. Walmart offers unique opportunities for advancement and career growth. • •Mentoring programs
• Sponsorship • Leadership courses • Associate Resource Groups • Manager Training • Walmart offers many training opportunities to help managers sharpen their leadership skills and advance through the company. • •Assistant Management Training is a program open to all salaried Walmart Stores U.S. field associates.
•The Walton Institute is an educational environment for Walmart leaders from around the world to champion our unique company culture. • •The Manager in Training Program at Sam’s Club is designed to expose trainees to the various operations, allowing them to rotate through the company.
••Lifelong Learning Program • Through a partnership with American Public University, associates are eligible to receive college credit for their formal training and job experience at Walmart and Sam’s Club.
Question#3Answe • Employees who feel they have a bright professional future ahead of them are more intrinsically motivated than employees who feel they are stuck in a job that will never change or inspire them. Employees who see a clear path to career advancement have a vested interest in the company and are motivated to contribute to its success, and therefore, to their own success.
Opportunity for Advancement
• Employees who are mentored and given the opportunity to expand their knowledge through participation in professional development seminars and training sessions feel an increased sense of worth. This internal motivator makes employees feel they are valued by the company, which makes them value the quality of their work.
Mentoring and Education is a plus
• www.Walmart.com • University of Phoenix Library • www.Google.com