Genting Group has twenty six years of experience in developing, operating and marketing casinos and integrated resorts in different parts of the world. It is the Malaysia’s leading corporation and one of Asia’s best multinational companies. Genting’s main niche market is leisure and hospitality services integrated in resorts. Genting’s first integrated resort is the Resort World Genting, formerly known as Genting Highlands Resort. The resorts and casino properties in Malaysia are ; * Resort World Genting, Malaysia
* Genting International Convention Centre, Malaysia* Awana Genting Highlands Golf & Country Resort, Malaysia * Awana Kijal East Cost Golf, Beach &Spa Resort, Malaysia * Awana Langkawi, Spa & Island Resort, Malaysia.
These integrated resorts are among the most popular destination for local and foreign tourist. In this facilities, Genting had provide casinos, hotels, theme park, concert show, Food & Beverages, retail shopping, golfing, cable car terminal and many outdoor activities such as eco-sport, jungle trekking, abseiling, mountain biking, and horse riding. In Resort World Genting, Malaysia for example, there are five hotels with more than 8000 rooms, 50 fun rides, over 200 dining and retail outlets, mega shows and business convention facilities. The five hotels are; * Maxims Genting
* Highland Hotels* Theme Park Hotel* Resort Hotel* First World Hotel
Until now, Genting had expand and diversified their market into many other product and services line includes plantation, properties, power generator, oil & gas, e-commerce, information technology, biotechnology and cruise liner. * Genting Power Generator
* Operated by Genting Sanyen Power Sdn Bhd in Kuala Langat station. It supplies electricity to Tenaga Nasional Berhad, Malaysia, under a 21-year power purchase agreement. The first and only thermal power plant to provideits own water supply and to supply steam to another industry. * Genting Plantation
* Had oil palm plantation which spearheaded by Genting Plantations Berhad. Started since 1980 when they acquired Rubber Trust Group which owned 13,700 hectares of plantation land in Peninsular Malaysia. Further acquisition were made and acquire land banks and oil palm mills. Now Genting have a total milling capacity of 255 tonnes per hour. * Genting Properties
* Genting’s initial primary objective is holding land based assets for long term appreciation and develops potential to the current strategic move to expand and market the Group’s landed properties. Genting began the project at Genting Highland Resort developing 83-unit Kayangan Apartment. The project was followed by the launch of 428-unit Ria Apartment and luxurious 320-unit Awana Condominium.
Promoting Services and Educating CustomerGenting had run many initiatives in their promotion of services and product lines.
They are taking steps in educating customer effectively as a proof, everyone in this country knows about Genting and its services and product line. The sales and marketing department had outlined their responsibilities in ensuring to educate the customer more effectively and in promoting services. Firstly, the responsibilities of the sales and marketing department are; * Research, analyze and plan business strategies to achieve set goals and develop new ideas to secure more business/arrivals from new and existing target countries;
* Constantly develop new action plans to counter competitive market environment; * Proactively drive and develop new business development opportunities, including new trends and new markets; * Market information provider to our various business units both local & overseas; * Able to effectively monitor all business plans and its success reporting; * To assist Awana marketing on evaluation coordination and execution of all advertising, plans and activities; * To assist Awana sales in ensuring all overseas arrivals are well coordinated and accounted;
* To assist AVP on all road shows’ products presentations and programmes;
* To provide feedbacks on sales and marketing activities in various countries and markets to AVP on weekly and monthly basis; The list above shows how Genting had ensure that their services promotion mainly in leisure and hospitality will run effectively and could attract more customer thus increase sales. Genting’s promotion considered success referred to the annual reports published each year. In running promotion, Genting had used many mediums for advertisement such as:
* Blog* Website* Television* Social networking sites (eg; Facebook)* RadioBesides that, in empowering their promotion, Genting had also work with TOURISM Malaysia to raise their brands as one of the most popular tourist destination in Malaysia. Genting also had join promotion with the transportation company like Bus Company to attract more customers. They make the tourists’ trips to be more convenience by offering transport from the bus company and tour guides that will guide the tourist around the resort. Promotion had been done exclusively and excessively yet cost effective and successful.
References* Genting Highlands Facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/gentinghighland) * TOURISM Pahang official website http://www.pahangtourism.org.my/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=99&Itemid=188
* The Genting Malaysia Berhad (http://www.gentingmalaysia.com/default.htm)
* The Genting Plantation (http://www.gentingplantations.com/)