According to Patee, the welfare system may be responsible for violence against females via its structural failures and insufficient support system (1). In numerous instances these shortcomings may indirectly coerce women to go back to abusive bonds they at one time fled. According to a report published in the year 2004, women who escape form violent relationships and resort to welfare seeking support and refuge often obtain neither.
For instance, Ontario welfare structure is a major player in continuing abuses against women because of its systemic insufficiencies and impracticable understanding of the requirements of women (Patee 1). Genuine reverence of women’s entitlements to safety, and to lead lives free of abuses, implies establishing the necessary social conditions such as sufficient welfare, access to secure housing, access to child support and employment that provides a living wage. Conclusion The main source of financing for child care has been coming from TANF, as regions capable of transmitting resources untied as benefits caseloads declined.
However, it is increasingly becoming obvious that states may not be able to continue relying on declining TANF caseload as a source of funding in the near future. Accordingly, congress should expand child care funding accessible through the development and child care fund, with an objective of making subsidized benefits accessible to all low income families who are eligible. Additionally, these findings imply that there is need to recognize a group of extended objectives for reauthorization in the welfare program.
Several changes need to be carried to improve employment results by promoting better initial employment, a bold emphasis on progression for low income workers as well as better connection to job supports for guardians joining and employed in low income jobs.
- Savner, Julius. TANF Reauthorization: Opportunities to Reduce Poverty by Improving Employment Outcomes. 2002. 18 June 2009. <http://74. 125. 93. 104/search? q=cache:PTpISkRT_uEJ:www. clasp. org/publicatio ns/tanf_reauthorization_opportunities_to_reduce. pdf+has+TANF-+Temporary+Assistance+for+Needy+Families+program+reduced+poverty+level &cd=10&hl=en&ct=clnk&gl=ke> Segal, Edward.
- The promise of welfare reform: political rhetoric and the reality of poverty in the twenty-first century.
- New York: Haworth Press, 2006. Acs, Gregory, and Pamela, Loprest.
- Leaving Welfare: Employment And Well-being Of Families That Left Welfare In The Post-Entitlement Era.
- Kalamazoo: W. E. Upjohn Institute, 2004. Patee, Alexandra. Welfare System Failing Women. 25 Nov. 2005. 18 June 2009. < http://www.thestar.com/News/globalvoices/junior/article/543073>