• To design in detail, amplifying the tender drawing by further drawing, which is instruction to the contractor under the contract. • To redesign if there are varied requirement of the promoter or change site condition. • To supervise the engineer representative (RE).
• To issue the engineer certificates for interim payment to the contractor. RESIDENT ENGINEER.• To watch and supervise on a day to day basis the contraction and maintenance of the project. Mengawasi/menjaga kerja-kerja harian dan penyelenggaraan di tapak projek. • To organize his work to suit the approved programme. Memetapkan pekerjaan yang sesuai berdasarkan kepada apa yang telah diluluskan • To co-operate closely with contractor on matters of safety. Bekerjasama dengan pihak kontraktor bagi hal-hal berkaitan keselamatan • To record the progress of work in comparison with the programme. Memastikan kerja-kerja projek mengikut perancangan berdasarkan kemajuan kerja. CHIEF ENGINEER.
• Responsible for the quality and accuracy of the works through the section engineer. • Responsible the local design there may be needed.• To check the coordination of the drawings.• Progress and production planning.SECTION ENGINEER• Report the chief engineer on the quality, accuracy and control of works. • Must liaise with the foreman to plan the work of his section to be executed daily, weekly and monthly. • Responsible to reporting matters of detail to the measurement engineer or the quantity surveyor. PROMOTER.
• Responsible to providing funds for the execution.Bertanggunjawap dalam mengeluarkan dana bagi projek.• As the ‘employer’ in ICE conditions of contract. sebagai seorang majikan didalam kontrak ICE• As the ‘purchaser’. – sebagai pembeli.ENGINEER.• To have overall engineering responsibility for the investigation and design of the project-supervise its construction. CONTRACTOR• Organization/individual entrusted with construction. RESIDENT ENGINEER• Represent the engineer on the site of works.Mewakili engineer di tapak pembinaan.TERM OF THEIR RESPONSIBILITY (EXPLAIN 4 MAJOR DIFFERENCES) WHAT IS CONTRIBUTION AS RECENT ENGINEERINGCONTRIBUTION• The great majority of engineers are employed by private individual or business organization. Kebanyakan engineer digaji oleh badan persendirian atau orhganisasi perniagaan. • They work in a variety of specific role such as production, design, R&D, marketing and management. Mereka terdiri daripada pakar dari bidang yang berbeza seperti pengeluaran, rekabentuk, R&D, pemasaran dan management. GOVERMENT.
• Many engineer work in agencies concerned with water resources, management, environment protection, road, housing and infrastructure. ACADEMICIAN• ACADEMIC – teaching task in primary and research is secondary. • RESEARCH CENTRED – teaching and research are equally important. SOALAN 2FUNCTIONIEM (INSTITUTE OF ENGINEERING MALAYSIA) –promoting the professionalism of engineer and serving its members. BEM (BOARD OF ENGINEER) – responsible for registering engineer. DIFFERENCE IEM AND BEMThe main difference between IEM and BEM is that IEM is learning organization for engineer. In order to get privileges from IEM, an engineer need to register to be graduate member in BEM. Differ from BEM, IEM recognize experience from the graduate date. HOW TO BE PROFESSIONAL ENGINEER.
• Graduate with degree from an accredited university program of engineer. • Take the fundamentals of engineer exam• Take the professional engineer exam• Get the licence.DIFFERENCE BETWEEN DOCTOR/ENGINEER (RESPONSIBLE)DOCTOR – expert in medical field, providing the good standard of practice and care, maintaining good medical practise, maintaining good performance, teaching and training. ENGINEER – To maintain high standard in engineering practice at all time, expert in engineering field. SOALAN 3.
ETHICS – consists of general and abstract concepts of right and wrong behaviour culled from philosophy, theology and professional societies. MORALS – are accepted standards of right and wrong that are usually applied to personal behaviour. LAWS – is a system of rules established by authority, society or custom? ETIQUETTE – consists of codes of behaviour.
CODE OF ETHIC• Protect the environment.• Protect the public safety, health, and welfare.• Protect the confidential information of employer or client. • Be truthful and objectives• Be involved with civic and community affair.• Avoid conflicts of interest.• Continue learning to sharpen technical skills.COMMUNICATION PROBLEM BETWEEN ENGINEER AND SOCIETYSOALAN 4TRANSFER TECHNOLOGY (HOW TO GET, HOW TO RELIZE).ASAS HARTA INTELEK – Intellectual property (IP) is a term referring to a number of distinct types of legal monopolies over creations of the mind, both artistic and commercial, and the corresponding fields of law. Under intellectual property law, owners are granted certain exclusive rights to a variety of intangible assets, such as musical, literary, and artistic works; discoveries and inventions; and words, phrases, symbols, and designs. Common types of intellectual property include copyrights, trademarks, patents, industrial design rights and trade secrets in some jurisdictions. R&D- discovering new knowledge about products, processes, and services. Than applying that knowledge to create new and improved products, processes and services that fill market needs.
Research – both basic and applied is systematic, intensive study directed toward fuller scientific knowledge of the subject studied. Development – is the systematic use of scientific knowledge directed toward the production of useful materials, devices, systems, or methods, including design and development of prototype and processes SCOPE OF ENGINEER WORK/RESPONSIBLE AS THE RESEARCHER.
TECHNOLOGY NANO (GIVE A EXAMPLE)SOALAN 5ATTRIBUTE OF FUTURE ENGINEER TO RELATE IN CURRICULLUM.SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT, GIVE SUGGESTION IN ECONOMIC ENVIRONMENT. SUSTAINABLE DEVELOPMENT – Is a pattern of resource use that aims to meet human needs while preserving the environment so that these needs can be met not only in the present, but also for future generations. SUGESSTION.
GIVE 5 SUGGESTIONS THE MAIN FUNCTION FOR SOCILA & ENVIRONMENT TO THE EQUILIBRIUM OF?